Sunday 7 June 2009

평양 Pizza






#

With the business failing, my school's founder quit last week, unexpected but understandable. This being Korea, she'd already sold the school and on Friday afternoon we met the new boss - David, bespectacled 30 something and all round cool dude.

I'm not one to mock Koreans attempting English, but this boss has a rather unique habit of adding the letter 'S' to words ending sentences, or smuggling a Sean Connery shh into whatever he says e.g.

If you want you can go to the bakerys and buysh some breads

or, as he said in Uncle Tomato when treating me to a lovely dish of cream bacon spaghetti,

You should goes to Hongdaes. You can find many girlfriendsh there....or jusht 1 night shtand'.

Haha, yes he's a cheeky chap this one, a lover of the clubs, showing off some moves in his heeled shoes, one hand on his belly.

He's also fond of touching me and my fellow male foreign co-worker D, always patting us on the ass whenever he can, sometimes to fill a silence, or even as a friendly push to end any awkward small talk stunted by the ol' language barrier.

One lunchtime as I served myself purple rice, I found myself in his warm embrace as his two arms reached across my chest from behind. That was quite a surprise, but the ass slap after wasn't. Later the same day he tickled me as I sat at a desktop.

I am fond of this funny man who I call Boss!, who replies by firing his fingers as cowboy guns.

His finest hour to date must have been the other morning as he strutted about in his shorts, wandering into a class of 6 year olds colouring in, embracing D from behind and then - for whatever reason - lifting one leg of his shorts up to his groin with 1 hand, pointing with the other at his exposed calf and announcing aloud - for whatever reason -

'Shexy'.

And then he left the room without another word.

No comments:

Post a Comment