Saturday 20 June 2009

Dokkaebi

Heads up - UNKLE are DJing at Club M2 in Hongdae on June 27th.



Unkle + Thom Yorke. What else was I going to post?

#

The Korea Times has a nice article on things to do in Seoul.

Here's a nice blog on manwha - Korean comics - + animation > dokebi club

#

An elementary pupil really hates me. Her name is 'Rose', and she's always had some unidentified problem with me, climaxing in April when I asked her to re-write a short essay (as required by the curriculum). Leaving the classroom to - ugh - photocopy, I heard her yell out in anger

'FUKQ!!!'

I headed back in the classroom knowing full well who it was but being fair, I asked for the culprit to confess, pretending not to know. When this didn't work, I took Rose out of the room and calmly asked her to just admit what she did so we could call it quits. She lied and began to sob so I let it go, reporting the incident to the head of elementary (more tears).

Since then her mother has complained to the school, asking for me to be 'nicer' to the girl, which I was doing anyway, despite how now she haughtily sits in every lesson and bellows a YES/NO to anything I say, giving me the most evil eyes! She even refuses to write in English sometimes...I say nothing because the school desperately wants to hang on to its current pupils.

Anyway, yesterday I'm happily teaching her class before I leave the room to - ugh- photocopy when behind me I hear once again a nice loud

'FUKCUE!!!'

I head back in and see Rose cupping her mouth and pointing to the saintly girl sat next to her in blame. I just laugh, because what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment