Monday 16 February 2009

Happy Valentine's

V Day began with me stumbling home out of a taxi, soju drunk. Actually, there was no stumbling. I was dignified and feelin fine. I was sick.

Up at 8.15. Again, I'm in a pristine mental condition and I manage to get to work. It's a Saturday open day for the kindergarten folks. I somehow look fairly respectable, cos I really am the kind of guy you want teaching your kids.

#

The evening I'm with a nearby community of teachers, contemplating whether kiwi soju is a good idea as I sit with two guys I sort of know for ten minutes or so. They're entertaining two Korean women of an older age, playing a drinking game involving the piglet tail of a soju bottle cap. It has to be flicked, something like that. The jockish younger man is hoping to score with the fuller of the two ladies, but when he gets up to empty himself outside the bar, said woman shuffles forward in his absence to ask me solemnly with blank eyes

'Do you love me?'

I make my excuses.

4 comments:

  1. "V Day began with me stumbling home out of a taxi, soju drunk. Actually, there was no stumbling. I was dignified and feelin fine so imagine my surprise when I lay my head to sleep only to re-paint the walls..."

    Where's the rest of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the full detailed summary, I expect much more emails like that.

    ReplyDelete