Monday 13 April 2009

Pomodoro

At the weekend, we were scouting for a noraebang in Gangnam. As always, a drunk Korean was being hoisted by the armpits, dragged along the street, but it wasn't even 8pm! They were 3 high school boys, letting us walk the stairs in front of them. As we waited for our room to vacate, the trio caught up, the catatonic young lad in the middle spewing all over the lobby, a real red soju catastrophe which I know about all too well.

The funny thing about this building was the restroom, for it had a glass panel in the top half of the door, so as I stood at the urinal my upper torso was on display for anyone climbing up the sets of stairs. Nice. Actually, my friend Steave has a similar problem for the window in his bathroom is right by your head when you stand to slash, and it's directly opposite the living room window of a family in the opposite flat. Hehe. Thanks for reading my 'sadly ahead of its time' classic by the way Morphster. Cheers.

#

Today as I walked to work the lovely waitress from Uncle Tomato called out my name as I turned a corner. I retraced and saw it was her with her Buddy Holly glasses, taking out a flower in her hair as I said hi, a brief exchange cos she was about to cross the road to work. She doesn't speak English well anyway. And she gave me her flower, a white kind. Spring is here, but it feels like summer...

I was gonna pop into Uncle after work to give her flower back, but the thing had wilted in my manbag. If I was feyer, I'd look for a fresh one to adorn her fake ginger hair.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you spell my name 'Steave?' It's kind of funny because, for some reason, Koreans always do that. Weird.

    ReplyDelete