Saturday 31 January 2009

why i should buy a fucking laptop

One potato two potato three potato four! Five potato six potato seven potato more!!
Everyday for the last few weeks I've been besieged. This song blasts through one wall in the morning and another near lunch as I teach my kindergarten kids. As they listen to the other kids sing along I wouldn't be surprised if they wonder

Why can't we listen to that?

Because I don't teach maths and you're going to hear it yourself when you change classrooms later on for the umpteenth time again! Anyway I'm clapping like a seal myself to the tune. One potato two potato!! I'll sing absent of mind as the kids do their colouring in. Great ditty, top of the pops.

#

Live from the PC Bang...

A flock of boys carrying balloons ask me where I'm from.

'You look handsome'.
'Kamsamneeda' (thank you).
'OK', making the hand shape.

A pudgy boy keeps staring at my screen.

2 comments:

  1. maths????

    What is that? Last I checked, 'math' was a singular noun. At least you don't say it 'mafs' like a bunch of other guys I know.

    ReplyDelete