Tuesday 26 May 2009

WE CAN TAKE IT SLOW / ANYWAY YOU WANT TO GO !! (silly flute)

Midnight on a Saturday when walking back to my apartment I saw a young couple, the only other life around. The man wore a sharp suit, holding up his stumbling partner bent in 2, dressed smart also, drunk but where they'd been drinking I couldn't guess. There aren't any bars in the direction they were coming from that I know of, just a chicken place, a scooter shop, key shop, then a road leading out of the district to a bare highway, forking to squat apartments aside a temple. I'll always remember them.

#

The next morning was all about sound. I could hear from my room a medley of K-pop drowning out the little neighbourhood. 'Sorry Sorry' bled into 'SexyBack' and damn, I'd jumped back 2 days before to Friday night, hanging out in Shampoo. The music was then replaced by a loudspeaker rant. On foot I walked up the sleepy Sunday street and came seconds from the source before I put sound and speaker together atop a parked van outside the handyman store. Satisfied I walked straight back home and felt like the van was following me, crawling down the slope I was now pacing, then parking right by my apartment, before crawling elsewhere, advertising something, perhaps the same source of the medley, perhaps not.

There's a music academy by my house too, from where I heard a silly flute from the 2nd floor window floating above scrappy drums. It took me a while to figure out the kids above were playing 'One More Time' by girl group Jewelry - not because they were offkey but I was just slow piecing it together out of all the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment