Friday 11 September 2009

MC Mong, stupid song

Yet irrepressibly jaunty.




Here's a funny story. I don't have an aerial connection on my TV, so I only know about two Korean dramas - the one which is basically Mulan all over again, and Tamna, which I blogged about last month in derision. Cue a few weeks of mockery of the show with friends relating to yellow fever and the general bad acting & writing on display, plus the freaky looking nature of the white guy they cast as the nobleman washed up on the shores of Jeju island. And what happens when I pay a midweek visit to the Korean Folk Village? Why, I stumble on the set of the making of a brand new episode of Tamna (freaky looking white guy nowhere to be seen). What are the odds. Here's a snapshot.

*Please note Simian Mobile Disco are DJing again in Seoul on Saturday the 12th, this time at Club Answer, or new club Mansion/Manshion?

1 comment:

  1. This song would never pass in the US. The Native American Society (or whatever it's called) would shut it down really quickly. Yet (to our surprise?) something so stereotypically racist is a hit in Korea.

    ...and why are they dressed for an African safari?

    ReplyDelete